Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query in a subform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Jul 21, 2000
SE
I have developed a form, that based on a selection in a textbox, lists values in a listboks. This works fine.<br>I have also a subform in my form, that uses the same query, based on a selection in another textbox, belonging to this subform. When I try to run this, I get a &quot;Enter Parameter Value&quot; - msgbox. This does not happen with the mainform.<br>What can I do to stop this msgbox from appering??<br>

If the textbox the subform is using is on the subform, then you have to refer to it in the query via the main form.&nbsp;&nbsp;As in:<br>forms!frmMainForm!SubformWindowOnMainForm!txtTextBoxOnSubform<br><br>If you refer to the textbox through the subform(forms!frmSubForm!txtTextBoxOnSubform), the query does not recognize the name, assumes it is a parameter, and asks you to supply it. <p>-Chopper<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Thanks a lot!<br>Now it is working propperly!!<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back