Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query Help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinRR

Technical User
May 26, 2004
US
Okay, I'll try to lay this out so it makes sense. I am trying to write a query that returns a record, only if another record exists in the table. Here is the table structure for clarification: (bogus data of course...)

AssocID ProdLicensed LicensedDate
34454 2 2/2/2002
34422 8 2/2/2003
32234 14 1/2/2000
34454 14 1/3/1998

I would like to query this table and have it return all the records where the associate ID is licensed in product 2 and product 14. In other words, I don't want all associates licensed in product 2 and all in 14, I want only the ones licensed in both. Does this make sense? Please let me know if I need to clarify further what I'm asking for ;0)

Thanks in advance for the help, it is greatly appreciated.

Jay

I hope this will help (or at least get you going in the right direction):

SELECT A.ASSOCID, A.PRODLICENSED, B.PRODLICENSED, A.LECENSEDDATE, B.PRODLICENSEDATE
FROM [TABLENAME] A INNER JOIN [TABLENAME] B
WHERE A.ASSOCID = B.ASSOCID AND A.PRODLICENSED <> B.PRODLICENSED
ORDER BY ASSOCID

Hope that helps!

-Jason

Cheers Jason, that wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but it led me down the right track, thanks alot for the tip!

Later

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back