Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query Criteria Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbee2

Technical User
Apr 21, 2002
I Have A query that returns the Sum of "Dollar Value Sold" Fields, From 12 separate Queries, to be used in a budget report on a monthly bases.
Each of the Separate queries returns part of "the global market" ie. S E Asia, North Am etc, based on results in a table.
Now the criteria is Monthly result.
How can I set the SUM query to Automatically set the criteria in the underlying 12 Queries, that it is based on, for values over a Month period.
Say I want the results for each markets sales over April, the user types in the Month , only once, and all is done .
Thanking in Advance
Kind Regards
Bill

Newbee2

Step 1. You should try to create 12 queries that have the same fields.

Step 2. Make a Union query of 12 queries. (This is a bit advanced for a newbee, but check with Union Query Help. It is not that difficult.)

Step 3. Create a cross-tab query using Query Wizard. At one point, it will ask you if you want to sum monthly. This will give you a very impressive report with monthly break-downs.

You can try a cross-tab query with just one query to see get a sense of what a cross-tab query is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back