Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Queries in Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

intrepidtechie

Programmer
Nov 6, 2004
US
Is it possible that a query can be set to run each time a table gets updated with new data automatically.
If yes, then what is the method to do this process

If this is a new development then look at MSDE instaed of Access, as MSDE fully supports Triggers.

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

for steam enthusiasts

Intrepidtechie,

Off the top of my head I dont know how to trigger an event after a table is updated unless it was through a bound form or updated programmatically. How is the table updated ? Without knowing that the only thing I could suggest would be to have a hidden form which had an onTimer event periodically checking the row count of the table.

MOrdja

Hello Mordja,
I am building this MS Access database based application for a local school which gets its main data everyday from an Oracle DB.
The way the Access database gets updated is through to Vb routine.
Simple data transfer code moves data from Oracle to Access. There are some calculation that need to be done after the data gets transfer for which I have some queries setup. Now its run manually and I would like to automate them.
So once the data update is completed in the Access database, immedietatly I want this query to run and complete its job.
This onTimer event sounds interesting. How do you do that.
Any examples if you might have would be great.
Thanks,
IntrepidTechie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back