Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Queries and Office 2000 suite

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcranford

MIS
May 18, 2000
US
Just discovered that Excel 2000; for example, has a Product Name of Microsoft Office 2000, so I can't use the obvious method to query my network PC's to get a definite count of Excel installations. What I intended on doing was querying "like" Excel but that can't be done now. There is an "internal name" linked to the EXE file. Does anyone know if that can be queried by SMS or would you share the best way to find totals of a mixture of Office 97 and Office 2000 PC's. Also, under Resource Explorer, Software, Manufacturer, and then drill down to a specific manufacturer, the right-side of the screen where File Name, File Version, etc...is blank. I don't have to "collect" these files to get details of the files do I???

Deon Cranford
dc2@scotlandhealth.org

you can do a query on the file name and version.
That is the way I did it, I found the file names and did some queries for that. I also had it report the file version so I could see if it was Office 2000, SR1 or SR2.

Thanks for the reply. I had checked the option to collect data on "known" files and was able to do just that. Deon Cranford
dc2@scotlandhealth.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back