Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

quarkXpress 4.0 error [86]

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambam

Technical User
Mar 20, 2002
NL
Hello,

I've got problems using quarkXpress 4.0 Installing the program was no problem, but when I started the program the program gave an error. Error [86], my keyboard was not good enough. A Friend of mine tries it too, but couldn't even instaal the programm on his computer. I've got windows 98, so that shouldn't be a problem. Can anybody help me??

Quark runs very badly and is unstable under Win 98, at least that is my experience. If you run an american-english environment on your computer, you shouldn't worry about language settings, but if you are doing some kind of sick european language (I am Norwegian, myself), make sure you've got the right Quark Passport for your language. And upgrade to Win 2000 if you can afford or otherwise obtain it.

From lanquage settings choose American keyboard as default and then restart your computer. After restart, run Quark and then switch to your own keyboard settings. Quark will run properly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back