Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark4.1 -problem importing pdfs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SETPub

Technical User
Nov 18, 2004
US
Ive been creating a magazine for about 8 months now
I am working in QuarkXPress 4.1
with Distiller 6.0
I have the pdf filter installed in Quark

I haven't had problems importing pdf into the quark documents before until the last couple of months.

It keeps giving me the "The pdf file cannot be imported because security permissions are set or it is password protected" error message.
it gives me this error no matter where the pdf file comes from or what the settings are.

I need to insert a large excel file into the magazine after turning it into a pdf. I created the pdf and made sure there were so security settings and I still get this message.
the Quark Xtensions claims to be working fine and the security settings in acrobat and distiller are off.
if anyone could help me id very much appreciate it
I am running out of time to get issue #3 ready to go to print next week.

hi

I have just had a simila problem, the workround i had was to rip the pdf files in photoshop and then import the tiff files, i know this is not the answer but even in q 6.1 i still get the problem

ps forgot to mention any problems drop me a line paul@number-13.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back