Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark is picking it's own Scale...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButteWeekly

Technical User
Apr 20, 2004
US
So I'm working on a newspaper, and a book simultaneously.

Last week, I was trying to print out a few sample pages of the book to show the author so he would know what the lay out would look like, but instead of printing to the size that I wanted it to, it chose it's own size. I could NOT get it to print in the margins or the size that I had set the document up in.

This morning, I printed the final layout of the newspaper, and had the same problem. I had to mess around with a few things in the setup screen in the print menu, but it still was not exactly. It kept making the bottom margin betwee .75 and 1 inch instead of the half in margin it's supposed to have. It's correct on screen, just not when you print it out. The settings I ended up changing it to were Reduce or Enlarge: 100% and Center to page. Can't recall now what they were set up originally as.

Could someone tell me why it decided to start scaling the image as whatever, instead of normal? Probably I changed it for some reason unknown to myself, but I can't recall when or why I would...

TiA!

Check to see if fit to page is checked if your printing with marks
this can change the size. You will find this in setup.

Thom

The longest jounney starts with the first step.

I have a similar problem when I print out to our Canon ColorPass V35... The gripper margin is larger than the other margins, so it shifts my image down the page. So even if I have, say, .375" margins all the way around, one side ends up being .5" and the opposite is .25" If it's just a proof, I leave the file alone, but if the final job is being printed on the copier I have to adjust the file to make up for it. Sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back