Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QUARK EXPRESS TEXT BOX QUESTION!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stackjones

Technical User
Dec 31, 2004
US
i'm on a mac!!! and here's my question...

i'm using quark express to make a document layout. and i am having a problem with text boxes.

i want to know how you make text with a transparent background? (just text with no box interfering with my document background) i have a green color background and i choose the tool to write text in the text box, and then when i am finished i get my text with a white background. i don't want this white background, i just want the text and the green background.

can anyone explain to me how to get the results that i want?

thanks

Go to Item -> Runaround

Once there, change it to none.

(Runaround is just as it sounds, it allows page elements to either be affected or ont affected by text/picture boxes.)

I do this so often, I've changed my text box preferences to background none (do this with no documents open to hold it with each new document.) Seems like I rarely want the text box itself to have a color -- far more likely to overlap some other page element, at least with the layout styles I deal with.

Hi Stackjones,

Well what you can do is that after typing the Text, select it and in the measurements box select the Outline Text option which looks like an "O" with a transparent background. Also in the Colors Palette select the Text box background to None.

Hope this helps.

do exactly what DallasA told u...

have fun [pipe]
EL236

~*The Art of Communication*~

Setting runaround to none might work. Then again, it might not. The only sure way to make a text box transparent is Item > Modify... and set the box color to none (or use the color palette to do the same thing).

Runaround has a different purpose. Very often it has the side effect of making a text box transparent, but it's quite possible to have no runaround on a non-transparent text box. If you have some text, then place another object partially over it, then if runaround is on, it will 'push' the text out of it's way. Setting runaround to none will leave the underlying text as it is. However, you can still change the color of this other object, regardless of the runaround settings.

Dear,
> Select your Textbox.
> Goto View Main Menu
> Select Show colors
a small color window will be opened. Scroll the colors upside down from that color window.
There you will find NONE option.

Select that one and your problem will be solved

Regards,
TechLeo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back