Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark Database (VDP) Xtensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChokingMyTrap

Technical User
Oct 5, 2004
US
What I've been looking for is something for doing simple database work with Quark, ex Few hundred employees business cards in a company. I've tried out Techno Designs Personalizer X, works good. Wondering if there are any other alternatives that are worth checking out. I’ve tried a few standalone VDP programs which are recommended for use with my RIPs, but they don’t do it for me. I just want something simple, import a dat file into Quark, assign variables to my fields, and then use them in multi up templates.

Any good experiences, suggestions or recommendations for Quark 6?

Cheers

YES, there used to be something called Xdata -- I can't remember if it was a plug-in or extension or whatever. I have a demo, but I never needed to buy it, and I don't know if they're still in business. It would be exactly what you need. You control the information in the rows and columns by giving them values in simple style sheet formats in your quark document. It worked great and was simple to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back