Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark activation codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevemoore

IS-IT--Management
May 16, 2000
GB
Just wondering if anyone else is having massive problems with Quark 6. Apart from waiting weeks for the activation codes, it appears you can only activate the copy once. So if the machine dies, say the HD goes, you have to apply for a new activation code before you can use it again. It also seems to be impossible to back up in ‘activated’ form. Anyone else have anything on this?

Another reason to switchto InDesign. I admit I use/own a copy of Quark 6 cause sometimes I just have to use it to accomodate lemming clients, but what a PITA program it is.

--catman

Catman....you boring me now.

In response to your activation problem, carry out a re-install, then 'activate by telephone' but call the european number as they will give you it straight away, otherwise when phoning the 'other' number, they send you to a website.

Hint: Only tell them that you are re-installing onto the same hardware...(no new drive or cards)

On my last reinstall(!), I sent in the reactivation form via PDF. (This was just after 7 p.m. US CST.) Then I called the appropriate support phone number for reactivation FIRST THING the next morning and asked about the status of the reactivation. I told the operator why I had to reinstall Q6 and then, after finding my form and giving me the reactivation number, they walked me through some troubleshooting steps for my copy. If not for their byzantine activation/reactivation procedures, you could say I was a happy customer at that the end of the call.

This story is not to dissuade unhappy Quark users from switiching to another product if that's what they want to do. But rather to share a recent customer service experience with Quark support that was handled at their end they way it's supposed to be.

I went on the website and got a new activation number in about an hour e-mailed to me.

I am a Happy Customer and am proud to use QuarkXPress from ages. I upgrade to 6.1 and upgrade my machine to. I called the tech support for activating the copy. A agent named SARA walked me through the activation process and was very nice and polite. She also explained me why this activation is required.
I think this activation policy at Quark helps in stopping the piracy and allow only the user who paid to use the software.
I love working with QUARK. GR8 software to work on....

Greg

Just wait until you need to install more memory mate!

Installing more memory is no problem with regards to xpress. No need to reactivate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back