Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark 6 saving to Quark 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

tperkins

Technical User
Nov 6, 2003
US
We are a print shop here and are about to upgrade to Quark 6 running on MAC OSX. We also will be using Quark 5 on another computer (MAC OS9) because the majority of our files recieved are in 5. My query is for anyone out there who is using Q6 how well does Q6 handle opening and then resaving to Q5 running on OS9?

All comments will be appreciated.

Tony Perkins

We just did the exact same thing. Same situation, So far so good. I will mention that occasionally we get an error on our 9.2 machine saying that a saved back file is an unrecognizable version and we will have to open the file in 6 again and resave. The file will have a 5.0 icon so I am not sure why this happens.

Anyone else seen this?

We have a similar set up here where we have a couple of machines running Quark 6 and we need to save down to 5.0 quite frequently. We have encountered the problem you describe. You can get round it by altering the file name when you resave down to 5.0 so that the file doesn't replace itself. This appears to work every time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back