Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark 6.52 and Excel Data Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jderosa3

Technical User
Nov 18, 2005
US
I have been trying to find a solution to my specific problem and have had no luck...

O.k. I had an assignment dropped on my to take make a quark document that will contain 500 people's contact info (almost like a year book)... all of the contact detail are located in an Excel file that has columns for each data type (first name, last name, email, title, etc.)

right now I can complete 22 entries an hour max... is there a way to make a template in quark that has a page with 3 contacts on it and use something like a mail merge in MS word to just tabulate the data for me...

it would have to make more pages as it fills in the data or - even if I make the 500 blank entries then have it tabulate the data? Any ideas...

Please let me know

Use the Tables Tool. Drag out a box, click on Link to External Data and navigate to your Excel doc.

Not sure what you need to "tabulate" with this type of data?

Mark

Save your exel document as a tab delimited file. Import into a text box in quark. Set your tabs with leader dots or what-have-you. Remember to select all when readjusting tabs.

Denice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back