Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark 6.5 on OSX 10.4 and 10.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foamcow

Programmer
Nov 14, 2002
GB

We use InDesign, but have legacy Quark documents - and old copies of Quark. We are considering upgrading our OS soon as part of a general upgrade to CS3.

Does anyone know of any issues in running 6.5 under OSX 10.4?

And thinking forwards... do we think there will be issues with it under 10.5 (once it's released)?

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

Not apart from the usual Quark problems. Unexpected crashes. there is also a Shadding issue with Quark and 10.4, the shading with shows you are using bold or italic is really hard to see.

Is there a reason why you can't migrate all your old Quark to InDesign?

Cheaper then buying the Upgrading Quark, the upgrade from 3.4 to 6.5 cost me around $20,000...

The conversion from 3.4 to InDesign is good.

Marcus

We already have Quark 6.5.
There is no point in migrating the old Quark stuff to InDesign. It would cost more in the long run in time and effort.

Providing 6.5 will work in 10.4 (and hopefully 10.5) we will just go with that - perhaps leave an older OS on one of our machines.

Thanks for the help

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

I have had no serious problems using Quark 6.5 on OS 10.4, aside from (as Marcus said) the usual problems of crashes, font conflicts, etc.

-- Chuckdesign :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back