Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark 5 in OS X: Corrupted file

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzeng

MIS
Oct 14, 2004
US
Hello All....

I been experiencing corrupted file in quark 5.1... When I try to open a quark file I worked on, it display that the file is corrupted. I'm not sure if the file was corrupted while I’m saving the file or opening the file from the server. IS there a way to recover corrupted file...

Also, while I’m working on a large quark file, it would display running out of memory and it would corrupt the quark file. I tried to allocate more memory to quark but still didn't solve it. Finally, I reinstalled work and its working fine.

Any idea on how to recover corrupted file or what the heck is happening with quark....

Do you get the old Bad File Format error? If that's the case then this tool may help:

I've seen this a couple times - If you search Quark's for corrupt file or Bad file format you should find some help. They have some method where you have to open windows in front of windows, then you may be able to open the file, but I never had any luck with Quark's methods.

Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back