Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quark 5 Crashing with Error Type 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildcatsammy

IS-IT--Management
Aug 12, 2003
US
A designer in our office is having troubles with Quark. She's in 5 and in a certain document she's working with, every time she goes to close, it goes through most of the save process and then quits with an "Error Type 2" ... generally, error Type 2 is a lack of memory thing, but she's got 100 MB allocated to this and the file she's working on is only 23.4 MB. Does this sound familiar to anybody? Does something other than memory cause an error type 2 crash in Quark 5?

You should probably we-do the document in a new document. It sounds like the file got corrupted somewhere. Here's a suggestion on how to rescue a Quark document with thumbnail drag.
With the original doc open go under view to thumbnails.
Open document setup under the file menu and create a new document with the same size and margins as the damaged one. View the new document as thumbnails. Take the first page of the damaged document and DRAG IT BELOW the first page of the new file. Drag each additional page below the previous one. They will appear in the new document. When all the pages are captured in the new document, delete the blank first page then save the new document with a new name.
Hope this helps.

I also have a user, running OS 10.2.6 (with OS 9.2.2), that is running Quark 5 and it unexpectedly quits. I have tried removing the Quark Xpress preferences, but that did not help.

David
Techpro Networks
Anchorage Alaska

I get the same problem, try to find if any other programnmes are running as i have found that despite allocating 500mb to quark if i have a few other programmes running in the background i encounter this problem, although if it doesnt crash and just wont let you save, just go to your preferences and stick autosave on at 1 minute intervals, wait 2 minutes then save the document, hey presto!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back