Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quarantined messages Groupshield

Status
Not open for further replies.

prha

Technical User
May 24, 2002
GB
Hello, I have been using Groupshield v.4 and have just updated to v.6. The changes for me are quite substantial.
I have managed to configure it to the best of my knowledge, but I cannot seem to find the area where I can view quarantined messages, I have set up GS to filter Spam mail and also to block files with various extensions, I get (some) of the spam mails notified to me when they are blocked so I can ensure that they are not blocking work mails, and also the file extensions, in case someone is expecting a .zip file or .exe etc. so I can forward it on to them.
I put the path for the quarantine folder but the emails are not there. I need to be able to view the attached file/email.

Any help greatly appreciated.

i found this to be a pain as well but got it working in the end!! i think its in the detected items and you can set which preferences you want. check the qurantine database view and it will allow you forward or download the attchment!

Hope this helps!!

Have you set file filtering with success?? Im stuck with mine so any help you can offer me would be great! Thanks

Thanks for that, Have managed to sort it out now!
With File filtering, what problems are you getting?
I have added the file extensions manually of everything that I want to block and quarantine it.

At the minutes i have had to diable file filtering as it was causing problems with blocking old attachments before groupshield was installed. This is the procdure i go through but want to double check with some with first hand experience before i apply this!!

Edit file filtering
Enable file filtering
replace with message
Add rule
put a check in - when file name is..
*.zip, *.exe
Leave the other boxes as default
ok
apply

Will this filter block just zip and exe extentions?? as the last time i did this it blocked random xls and doc files??!

Have you created rule to allow certain attachments through??

Thanks Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back