Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quantum users cannot connect to the server anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmytimm3

Technical User
Apr 30, 2007
US
I setup Peachtree Quantum on our network and it has been working fine up til this point. Our hardware exceeds the recommended requirements and I am sure that it is not a firewall or NAV issue since I disabled both. The clients receive a message saying "Your database engine on computer SERVERXX is unavailable." I verified that the service is running and spoke with 4 different level 1 Quantum techs. I have been down since last Thursday and waiting on "level 2" to call me. If anyone has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

**I have also un-installed/rebooted/re-installed on both server and client, uninstalled NAV completely from the server, verified datapaths in the ptx140.ini files, and everything else I can think of**

Thank you,

Tim

Thank you to all that have replied......I fixed the issue by running the Pervasive Engine un-install which was located in a different directory than the program files, and did not show up in Add/Remove programs. Then removed server components, rebooted and reinstalled everything. Peachtree Quantum Level 2 support has yet to call me back since my original call over 6 days ago. Level 1 support was decent but should have solved this issue days ago.

[thumbsdown]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back