Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quantum DLT7000 Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayEdwards

IS-IT--Management
Aug 5, 2004
US
Hello all, new to the forum here!

Got a question. I'm backing up my SQL server on a DLT7000 Firmware version 2561. The tape selections on the left side of the drive have me confused. I want to set the tape to use 35 & Compress. However, I cannot seem to get these settings without using the "Tape Density" option along w/it.

When my backups run, I get aboooot 20,000 bytes less than a usual backup & Veritas 9.1 reports its "Loading Media" in the Job Monitor. This just started happening 2 days ago and I want it to stop. I believe its due to this "Tape Density" setting on the tape drive itself, and its not allowing compression of the data.

I hope this makes sense to someone...LMAO!!

Any Suggestions?

Thanks!
Ray

In your backup Job, have you selected the option for allowing hardware compression?

Yep....I have selected hardware compression, but I don't think that setting is overriding the hardware side.

I hate to ask a stupid question, but are you using a DLT IV tape? DLT III could be formatted to 20GB and a DLT7000 can write this format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back