Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quantum dlt vs160

Status
Not open for further replies.

treyhcnc

Programmer
Oct 27, 2006
US
Hello Guys,

I hooked a working Quantum dlt vs160 to a intel based windows server running server 2000. It didn't automatically popup that it found new hardware so I ran the new hardware wizard. It did not find anything so I chose to specify drivers, and selected the correct drivers. Then the item installed. It then showed up in the device manager as working properly.\

I tried to run the windows backup program and select the tape drive, but it keeps giving me an error.

To me, the way I had to do this was wrong. In my experiences I would think that the tape drive itself is faulty. Do you guys have any suggestions?

It says:

"There is no unused media available with the selected type.

Add unused media or click Cancel to select another type."

The tape has been used before for backups at a different location. However, it only lets me select unused media and says the backup location is 4mm dds

If the media was previously used for backups, was it used on another vs160? Or something else? This could be your problem. You may have to start with a blank tape to use the vs160

the tape was only used in the tape drive that I tried to install. I have also moved it around before w/o any problems.

I don't think the 4mm dds is right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back