Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quantum/Adic i500 library configuration 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColG2k7

Technical User
Jul 31, 2007
GB
Hi..

Im running Netbackup6 enterprise MP4 on windows here...
We have just got a Quantum i500 FC library with 2xLTO4 to replace our aged MSL5000 4xLTO1..

Im led to belive that this library has "enhanced" API library capabilites. just wondering if i can get them to work on NBU6?. ive read a document outlining the basics on 6.5

When i set it up using the wizard its set as a TLD library, which is basic scsi controlled.

Also ive seen other people have their library automatically scan and move media into slots as soon as its placed into the access port so inventories do not need to be done??.. is this a feature of a API/TLH library?

Any help/advice would be great.

Thanks
CG

Also ive seen other people have their library automatically scan and move media into slots as soon as its placed into the access port so inventories do not need to be done??.. is this a feature of a API/TLH library?

... I believe is a feature of the library.

Martin

Thankyou...
Does anyone know why i dont have TLH or TLM as selectable robot types? i would presume the Quantum/Adic would be under one of these catagories.

Its netbackup enterprise too...

Ta

According the hardware compatibility lists, in both cases you should use the TLD option for the ADIC i500 library.

The following may be helpful (download the pdf on the linked pages):

NetBackup 6.0 hardware compatibility list:

NetBackup 6.5 hardware compatibility list:

Q: Also ive seen other people have their library automatically scan and move media into slots as soon as its placed into the access port so inventories do not need to be done??.. is this a feature of a API/TLH library?

A: Automatic inventory when placing media in the library is probably a feature of the library. Consult the manual for your hardware for more information.

You would still need to run an inventory from Netbackup in order to synchronize NetBackup's inventory of the library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back