Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quantity of VDN's 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwies

IS-IT--Management
Jun 8, 2003
US
We have a G3 V6 system.

Does anybody know how I can increase the quantity of VDN's allowed in our system?

Our capacity shows a maximum of 99, we need more.

Ron--

That number seems very low. Is that the VDN's listed under BCMS?

DonBott

Does not play well with others

You need to license more - unfortunately RTU upgrades are no longer available for release 6. My guess is that you may still buy maintenance on a "best effort" basis for something that old, but you would have to upgrade to increase capacity or get additional features. Release 6 went out of support several years ago. The current release, CM4, would be the equivalent of R14 in the old Definity numbering scheme.

What type of g3v6 is it (vs, si, csi) and what is the model of processor (tn790, tn790b, tn798, tn798b)? There is not RTU for VDN's but some models and processors support more than others. What exactly do you have as this may be a simple cheap fix?

-CL

also, what does "list conf soft" show as the exact release?

-CL

Thanks for your assistance.

The answers to everybodies questions:

The number 99 is under dispaly capacity.

The switch is a G3 SI

The processor is a TN790 V12

The release is G3V6.1.03.0.223.5

Ron--

Looks like this will be an easy fix for you but I'll have it confirmed momentarily in the lab. I built a TN790 system with your exact load and saw the 99 VDN limit. I am copying this to a same load using a 790B instead. I'm sure the limit will jump to 512. I suspect swapping your R6.1.3.0 TN790 for a TN790B running anything between and cluding R6.1.3.0 - R6.3.4 is going to be your $30 ebay solution. be back in an hour.......

-CL

Worked like a charm! You need to power off your system and swap out your TN790 to a TN790B and you wil go from 99 to 512 VDN's. The processor has to be between R6.1.3.0 - R6.3.4.

-CL

Thank you everybody who responded.

It looks like my problem is solved.

Ron--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back