Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quad Cim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2010
AW
We have a Mitel 3300 installed at a branch office of us that we now wanted to upgrade software load to the latest release.

Did a backup of current version, upgraded the software and restored the database.

When everything came back, one quad cim module said to be not installed however all extensions on the ASU are programmed.

Is there a fix for this?

did you upgradebootrom all?
I would try this first if it is still not being seen then try a power off and see ir it kicks it back to life

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

We did try that, but no success.

Once we try to reprogram the installed module type to quad cim it throws the error "There are not enough system resources to support this module type

what system do you have?

It's a Mitel 3300 MXe running release 8.0, so it needs to be upgraded. But now we're stuck, if we get it to work we'll update this post.

Thanks.

There is no direct upgrade path from Rel 8 to the latest 4.2. If you are attempting this you will have failure. You must first upgrade to Rel 9 and then make the jump to 4.2

You should also be aware that you need 512 mb of memory to do this upgrade.

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!

We understand that, and we did upgrade to 9.0.
And we do have enough memory for MCD 4.0.

We encountered the problem from multiple backups, so it's not a corrupt backup issue. it must be something else.

What slot is the quad cim in? If in 4 try to move it to 3 and program it there. (There's a note somewhere about this)

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!

I would not recommend moving it as a permanant solution as you will need to de-program all data and extns related to it.
I suppose moving it to another slot to see if it is recognised is a good one as it will determine if the card is faulty or not.

The slot the quad cim is in is number 4, on an MXe that's possible. We have a quad cim in slot 3 and 4, the one in 3 is working, we will try and swap positions see if it works.

As is written in the KPI of the Mitel 3300.

" MN00324596 Quad CIM fails after upgrading MXE to 10.0.2.8. Shows as Unprogrammed "Not enough System
REPORTED IN SW LOAD 8.0.10.7_1
PLANNED SW LOAD MCD5.0
SYMPTOMS
MXE controller upgraded to 10.0.2.8 and 2nd Quad CIM is no longer programmed yet call control shows
as programmed in System Configuration form.

We receive "There are not enough system resources to support this module type" when trying to add Quad
CIM #2 to an MXe controller.

WORKAROUND "

Hi did you solve it?I have your problem too.
quad cim on slot 3 and 4 did you find any solution?
swinstation@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back