Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QTP changes the path of the software??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hahaji

Technical User
Nov 21, 2006
CA
Hi When i running a test with QTP i found out that sometimes the path to a specific bottom or checkbox has changed, for example:

Window("Simon").window("Service Window").CheckBox("Service Charge") changes to Window("Simon").window("Service Window").CheckBox("Service Charge_1")

Is anyone has any experience with this? how can i avoid this change?

First a little bit of philosophy.....You cannot avoid 'change'.

With regards to your question, Does QTP change the path to a specific button or checkbox.....No it doesn't. The code you have pasted is not about changing the path, QTP is merely adding another(read same) object into the repository with the same properties but with a different name. You can check the same by right-clicking on CheckBox("Service Charge") and CheckBox("Service Charge_1"), both will have the same properties.

Qtper is right.
You can avoid the adding of same objects by modifing the settings from the Object Identification in Tools menu.
Play with the properties from that kind of object (CheckBox) and do several recordings to see if the problem still appears.
You also have a combobox down there in the object identification screen. Try to identify by index, it's an ideea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back