Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QSIG trunking between Nortel Option 11C and Cisco Call Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

uofm

Vendor
Aug 21, 2006
US
A little backgroung information. I have an option 11C Rls. 4.5 that we are looking to integrate with a Cisco Call Manager via QSIG trunking. I have package 263 which is the basic QSIG package but do not have packages 305 QSIGGF or 316 QSIG-SS. I have yet to find an example or site currently in production where the interface type for the d-channel is not ISGF. Without package 305 that is not possible but the interface type can be built as ISIG. So, has anyone been successful with QSIG trunking to a call manager with an ISIG interface instead of ISGF. Also, what functionality would you lose being built as ISIG instead of ISGF if it can be done. There are seperate voicemail systems so no message waiting indicators would be involved. We're really just looking for 4 digit dialing between the sights along with name display. Thanks. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

If you don't want to do QSIG, you can use NI-2, I helped a buddy set this up between an Option 11 and Cisco last week. It was straightforward on the Option 11 side.

You should be fine setting it up as ISIG or NI-2. I think the only thing you would lose is the ability to light lamps on the other system but it sounds like you don't need to do that anyway.

I had replica case. Tried ISIG but it was giving me problems, invalid IE issue. I then changed to ESIG and lo... things got perfect. Here is my RDB Print for any sort of ease:

>ld 21
PT1000

REQ: prt
TYPE: rdb
CUST 0
ROUT 2*
ROUT 12

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
ROUT 12
DES
TKTP DID