Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QSIG Integration - Call Manager to Siemens

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRNurse

IS-IT--Management
Feb 2, 2005
AU
Our Call Manager (4.2) is connected via QSIG to a Siemens Hicom. Both have external PRI's to PSTN.
The following is noticed:
Internal Caller - Siemens to Cisco - External Ringtone
External Caller - Siemens to Cisco - External Ringtone
Internal Caller - Cisco to Siemens - Internal Ringtone
External Caller - Cisco to Siemens - Internal Ringtone

So it looks like the QSIG doesn't work, or pass through any info other than default option?
Any ideas what to check?

This is probably due to the way CallManager handles two ISDN parameters by default, namely the Numbering Plan and the Number Type. Those parameters are somewhat configurable at the trunk level, but that may not give you the level of granularity that you'd like to have.

We used to use 4.1 at my old job and we ran into this problem. It was unsolvable at the time and I submitted a feature request to provide greater granularity, most likely at the route pattern level, order to be able to get this to work the way you would expect.

I left that company and haven't touched CallManager since, so I have no idea if 5.x or 6.x handles these parameters any differently.

It's strange, the name gets passed through the link without error, it's just the ring-tone, or is that to be expected if the problem is the numbering plan/number type?

Anyone out there got a working Call-Manager connected via QSIG to another system, with working ring tones?

CallManager uses the Numbering Plan and Type of Number to determine if calls are internal or external, and therefore which ringtone to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back