Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Qsig between option 11c and Avaya G3si

Status
Not open for further replies.

fruni

MIS
Sep 26, 2002
IN
Hi all,
I can see here in the group a lot of poeple have configured meridian to talk with avaya on Qsig.

I tried to configured but it is partially working.

i have E1 card. I configured ESGF at meridian end.
Now when i dial from meridian, i can get the extension number of Meridian phone On AVAYA. But when i dial from avaya i cannot get the extension number of the AVAYa phone on the m3903 set.

please advice. i would like to get the CNAME also both ways.
My release is 25.3

Thanks
manoj

YOU WILL NEED TO OUT AND REBUILD EVERYTHING.

Sorry, but that's the only way. Here is what you need:

RDB
TIE
ISGF

DCH
ISGF
RLS *
RCAP NDI COLP CCNI CCBI DV3I

--
Fletch

hey buddy ....
that was a miracle man. i did it successfully.it works nicely mmm. but now i have a problem.

i use meridian to reach the international side.And i have the number plan implemeted on Meridian using CDP.

Mer(site1)<---------mer(My)<-------Avaya(My)

Previosly i had a DTI trunk betwwen them n everything worked fine.i threw the Numbers from Avaya to meridian in the format that meridian wanted for CDP. And meridian was cooly making his role sweet.

But now on the new trunk Qsig E1 on ISGF when i try to call a site outside meridian from avaya the call is rejected ....
(both using trunk ACOD and Dial plan)

the Dchannel diag messages are below

DCH 40 UIPE_IMSG CC_SETUP_IND REF 00007C17 CH 0 TOD 19:53:34
CALLED #:90012489102037 NUM PLAN: E164
PROGRESS: ORIGINATING END IS NOT ISDN

DCH 40 UIPE_OMSG CC_REJECT_REQ REF 0000FC17 CH 4 30 TOD 19:53:34
CAUSE: #42 - SWED EQIP CONGESTION

if the same number had been from a DTI trunk then the call would have been redirected by meridian to its Link to another Meridian at a different site.

Now i get a fast busy on avaya and the above dchannel messages

please help me man
thanks

Check the NCOS levels on your trunks. Remember the FRL assigned to the NCOS in LD 87 NCTL tables.

You probably are getting rejected due to NARS/BARS restrictions. Since the call is comming in PUBLIC E.164, you can turn on INAC on the Route, drop the leading 9, and let it flow through NARS/BARS.

You are on your way, but it's going to get complicated from here, and the config is critical.

--
Fletch

Hi fletch,

The problem is getting wilder. I just make it some more clear.

1. There is no trunk level restriction.
2. There is no NARS/BARS restriction.

I have made some observation and found out the following thing.

a)If i get into AVAYA through DISA and then try to reach external places through meridian then i am able to go out using both ACOD and NARS/BARS.

The Dchannel message is given below for this scenario.
DCH 40 UIPE_IMSG CC_SETUP_IND REF 00005CED CH 0 TOD 12:48:22
CALLING #:9885247000 NUM PLAN: UNKNOWN

DCH 40 UIPE_OMSG CC_PROCEED_REQ REF 0000DCED CH 4 21 TOD 12:48:22

DCH 40 UIPE_OMSG CC_PROGRESS_REQ REF 0000DCED CH 4 21 TOD 12:48:22
PROGRESS: CALL IS NOT END TO END ISDN
PROGRESS: INTERWORKING WITH PRIVATE WORK

You can clearly see that the calling number id is shown which is my mobile number.
and called number is the number which meridian expects for CDP. THis is fine i can reach the US PSTN.

b) If i try going to AVAYA from meridian and then come back
through the Qsig link and go out of meridian then also its working fine. Here also the called number is shown as the meridian extension.

ie : meri -----> Avaya --backto meri(Qsi)-> outside

c) When i dial from AVAYA extensions to meridian extensions the dchannel diag does not show me the calling number:
Example of AVAya extension to meridian extension calls
:
DCH 40 UIPE_IMSG CC_SETUP_IND REF 00006170 CH 0 TOD 12:51:56
CALLED #:8825 NUM PLAN: E164

DCH 40 UIPE_OMSG CC_PROCEED_REQ REF 0000E170 CH 4 28 TOD 12:51:56

DCH 40 UIPE_OMSG CC_ALERT_REQ REF 0000E170 CH 4 28 TOD 12:51:56
PROGRESS: TERMINATING END IS NOT ISDN

But for the above call i can see the AVAYA extension number on meridian Phones + the CNAME also and the call is perfectly alright.

d) This is the worst one. ie when i try an outside number from AVAYA extension. then

DCH 40 UIPE_IMSG CC_SETUP_IND REF 00007C17 CH 0 TOD 19:53:34

DCH 40 UIPE_OMSG CC_REJECT_REQ REF 0000FC17 CH 4 30 TOD 19:53:34
CAUSE: #42 - SWED EQIP CONGESTION

and the call is rejected.

hemmmm ... getting complicated. I think u should be able to analyise the situation n find out the hitch now.
help me ... i am also thinking ...
thanks
manoj

This can be fixed, but it will take going over the complete config and some more detaailed DCH messaging (Monitor 2 mode. I'll also need to look at the NET_DATA, NARS & BARS, CDP, RDB, etc.... A little to much to do here.

--
Fletch

The problem is that you have to configure &quot;isdn public-unknown-numbering&quot; in the Avaya Side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back