Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QOS settings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommre

Technical User
Feb 11, 2008
US
What are the default QoS settings on the Shoretel system? (Call bearer and setup).

By default there no QoS turned on. you have to configure a DSCP value in order for the system to enable it. It uses 1 DSCP value for both bearer and setup. It also uses the full ToS byte (not the 6 most significant digits like everyone else). So EF which is decimal 26 most of the time is 184 for ShoreTel. I don't want to get into why this is, though easy enough to explain I feel it is not what you were looking for.

So again there is no default QoS set up, everything comes out as 0x00 (i.e. best effort) by default. To enable it you set your own diffserv value, whatever you feel comfortable with. Since everyone uses EF as the Voice class it is best to set the ShoreTel up to do the same. To do that you go to Call Control --> options --> diffserv/ToS byte and set it to 184. Again it uses 8 bits not 6, so the range of values is from 4-255 instead of from 1-63. So 184=46=EF.

Is that what you were looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back