Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QoS: DSCP Configuration on Bay 5520 und PP8600*HELP*

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyCruiseryx

Technical User
Oct 18, 2004
DE
Hi,

i want to configure a voip QoS system on two Bay 5520 and a passport 8600.

The topology is the i want to phone from one 5520 about the pp8600 to the second bay 5520. I have configured one voice vlan and one data vlan.

My plan: I want to configure L3 QoS (DSCP). The Bay5520 must take a look in the packets from the IP-Phone and should send it @ first in the network. Now i try the follow: The phone send a udp packet in range from 49000 - 52000 and now the switch must look up in the packet and should it send @ first.

question:

How i confiure this Rule (with UDP 49000- 52000) on bay5520?
What i must configure on the pp8600 ? It is enough if i set the ports from pp8600 to core status so that the voip packets will be send through the pp8600 to the second bay5520 @ first?

A configuration on bay5520 would be cool.

THX

enable http access to the 55xx, there's a QoS wizard that will assist you setting it up.
good luck!

Hi, i use the wizard on bay5520 and takt the "dump Flow with IP Layer 4 QoS" but it dosnt running. Is it necessary to reebot the bay5520 after a QoS configuration ?????

And what should i do with the uplink ports on PP8600 ??? Is it enough to set the ports on Trust mode with Diffserv enable ?

THX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back