Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QooLogic Adware removal 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonuteklists

Technical User
Jul 20, 2004
US
Anyone had experience removing Qoologic. Have tried AdAware, Spybot, Defender with no luck even in Safe mode.
Please advice.
Links, howtos would be great as well.
Thanks.

Other names that get thrown about this totall screwed machine,
surfsidekick
drsmartload
Look2Me
Monnet
NewDotNet

Other symptoms, browser is hijacked, DNS doesnt work, system is super slow ....

Please advice.

QooLogic is a backdoor trojan. You need a virus scanner to remove it. Anti-Spyware products won't cut it.

I'm not familiar with the others, but I would suspect they might pose similar issues.

Try Clamwin Antivirus, if you don't have an AV scanner, because it's free and it does in fact remove QooLogic. Try the Portable Apps version, because it's less likely to get hijacked (there's no install process)

Here's how to remove surfsidekick

Good luck

Removal of DrSmartLoad

There is an app on that page that apparently removes it.

Remove Look2Me

Also has an app that will remove it.

The only pertinent link I could find for MonNet was for a network monitor application. Is that what it is? Link here

Remove NewDotNet

These are just some links I came across when googling those names. Hope it helps.

Thanks a bunch.
Will try all said and post back with results.

SaveNow and NewDotNet Removal

Removal Instructions and Help

Removing adware & spyware
faq608-4650

You will probably need this after removing your collection of malware, especially NewDotNet.

WinXP Connectivity Issues
Lost Connectivity after Registry or Malware Cleanup
faq779-4625

i should mention on the subject of virus. a few months ago, my machine was infected with gaelicum / dl.exe virus. no software / anti-virus / (i repeat - none of them could either detect it or remove it.) (this virus, modifies executable programs (.exe) and makes them unusable.) the only aniti-virus that could detect it and remove it was Nod-32 and AVG's vcleaner.exe. I bought webroot spysweeper. after updating defs and running it several time, it failed to find anything. until i got vcleaner and nod-32.

webroot spysweeper is a malware detector, not a virus scanner. It will find trojans and spyware, but usually not viruses, that is not its purpose.

Regards.

Erik

Sonuteklists, how'd these suggestions work for you? Inquiring minds want to know (-:

Also, I can't believe I forgot to mention AVG, it's currently my favorite AV scanner, and it's free. I do like the Portable Apps version of ClamWin because you don't have to install it, you can run it off a Flash drive. But thanks to Barny2006 for bringing up AVG, it's a very good product at an even better price (-:

Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately, I tried all, but there still some remnants. Also, I was running out of time and I had to reformat!!
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back