Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QMS Magicolor with Win2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autobahn

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2002
GB
Hi!
Any help on this would be great! I installed a QMS color printer on a NT server to share with 2000 clients. Some client machines took it no probs then a few came up with an error "the machine on which this printer is installed has the wrong drivers" and prompts to install drivers locally. Having done this they still won't print!!!

I can see the difference in the ones that work in server properties but can I manually changes the data file dll etc...?

Help!

Thanks

What is the printer model? Did you download the latest drivers<I'm guessing that you have, but I gotta ask anyways>. Enkrypted
A+
Let others know how much help they are by marking the helpful posts.

It's a QMS Magicolor 2. I had to try numerous drivers to get it to print even directly off the NT Server. Found one that worked eventually except for the 2000 problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back