Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QMAIL Securing it, blocking spammers, relays

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidon

Technical User
Jan 2, 2001
CA
I've loaded qmail on my linux mail box. I'm faithfully applied all erratta patches for RH. IP Tables is running smoothly, at least that product I know. But... Qmail

I saw a bounced message from postmaster that shows me that someone, used my server to spam.
> I use ucspi-tcp now, created acl rules, for pop, smtp.
> I loaded a good IPTables script.
> I loaded rblsmtpd.
Is there anything else to do?

I'm also having a problem with checkpassword is runs find on a commandline for testing but from authorized clients it doesn't work.

Well I have looked into that as well. My first test for any MTA is the telnet://mail-abuse.org and if it passes then I call it clean but if it fails I keep working on it. But everyone swears that Qmail cant be used as an open relay or hacked to allow spamming even though it will not pass all those tests on the mail abuse site. But then again most of them dont beleive in using RBL lookup. Steve Hagerman
Admin@Advancedisp.com
High Speed Internet access & services!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back