Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

qmail not delivering remote mail - "Although I'm listed as a"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobstaUK

Technical User
Jul 2, 2003
GB
I run qmail on one IP on my server
I run Kerio on another IP on the same server

I have a number of domains running on qmail... and have just moved a couple to Kerio.

The problem now is that users on the qmail-hosted domains can't send to users on the Kerio domain. Qmail seems to think the MX records for the domain point to it's IP, when they actually point to the 2nd IP of the server.

Has anyone seen this before? Is there some hidden setting somewhere in qmail that's making it &quot;remember&quot; these old domains it used to look after? Running a dig mx <domain> lists the 2nd (Kerio) IP/hostname ... so I'm at a loss as to why it won't deliver there.

Maybe qmail thinks it's listening on the 2nd IP? How can I tell qmail it's NOT? (I'm using tcpserver to manage this)

Thanks all,

R.

if mails for your now moved domains were formerly delivered locally (injected into the local-queue of qmail), i think you'd surely done some configuration to do so.
if this has been based on MX records only, i do not know any solution.
But, in many cases domains for local-delivery are added in /var/qmail/control/locals or /var/qmail/control/plusdomain.
Depending on your configuration you may look also in /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains and/or /var/qmail/control/smtproutes.
smtproutes is also your best selection, if you want to force your qmail to deliver specified domains to &quot;hardcoded&quot; smtp's.
format is something like:
one-of-my-moved-domains.com:my.2nd.ip.adress

greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back