Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

qmail creates logs of 0kb size - HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberbushi

IS-IT--Management
Sep 20, 2004
DE
Sorry if this question got already answered anywhere but i didn't find it... My fedora box with qmail is not writing anything in the logfiles. Every /var/log/maillog* is of the size 0kb. If you do need any logfile or config file for further advice, please let me know but i didn't find anything that helped me so far. Thanks for your help in advance!

Best regards,

cb

what is the output of

qmailctl stat

Did not find qmailctl (searched the whole machine as root also in aliases) but stumbled over qmail-qstat in /var/qmail/bin . Don't know if it does the same but it said:
# ./qmail-qstat
messages in queue: 0
messages in queue but not yet preprocessed: 0

TYPICALLY the qmail logs are written in

/var/log/qmail/

and /var/log/supervise/*/log

You probably won't see anything in /var/log/maillog if the qmail install is relatively compliant with how Life with Qmail instructs.

Additionally, the qmailctl script is a wrapper script. Try googling for a copy and paste a copy into your site. The qmailctl script makes qmail admin easier for tasks like stats and queue monitoring.

Good luck.

Thanx 4 all the help!
Found out that plesk diverted the logs to another directory (/usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog)and that info i found in /etc/syslog.conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back