Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QM_MODULES:function not implemented on Kernel 2.6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ady2k

Vendor
Jan 28, 2002
ID
I already compiled linux kernel 2.6.1 on RH 9 and can boot up fine. But Linux kernel 2.6.1 can't detect ethernet card, sound card, usb floppy drive and usb data cable pl2303.The error message came out during booting stage below here :
"QM_MODULES:function not implemented"

And I try to # insmod pl2303 and got same error message too.
Any suggestion to solve this problem.
Thanks a lot....:)

did you compile the mudules for those in the kernel config? otherwise it's not gonna be in there.

Go back to recompiling your kernel.

I remember getting that error on my UML kernels which I compiled without module support. Did you include module support in your kernel?

//Daniel

I already loaded ethernet card modules and usb device modules. The ethernet card and usb Pl2303 are working now.
But I can't use command # lsmod from kernel 2.6.1 and still came out QM_MODULES : function not implemented.
Which kernel options should I load during # make menuconfig/config ?
Thanks

You need to have module-init-tools in order to get this to work. This prog controls lsmod, rmmod, insmod, ...

Also, check very carefully what options you have in make menuconfig under module loading. I don't have a box here to play with to point specific, but there are at least four different module-loading options (automatic, forced loading/unloading, etc.)

J.R.

Which option should I select it ?
I already tried to select all items. But I still got the same error.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back