Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QE-DEF-0177 'sqlScrollBulkFetch' status='-55'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2005
US
While running a report in ReportNet, I receive the following error:

An error occurred while performing operation 'sqlScrollBulkFetch' status='-55'.
Original Error: QE-DEF-0177 An error occurred while performing operation 'sqlScrollBulkFetch' status='-55'.
UDA-SQL-0175 The operation "fetch" has been cancelled.

I have been unable to locate any information regrading this error on Cognos Support or the internet in general. My back-end data source is a IBM DB2 database.

I assumig the amount of data I'm querying is creating the issue, but not sure...I'm at my wits end

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Have you run each of the tabular models to check that they all come back ok? If so then maybe it's at the query level where your problem is.

recommend: running tabular data wherever you think its apporpriate. is this the first time you are using this particualr model? it will help narrow the problem down..

have you experienced problems wiht the model in any other report as well? or is this error specific to this report?

Error message is received when running any report. In my experience, I have never encountered this while using SQL Server as the back end but have recentley noticed occuring on Db2 type systems.

I will try and run tabular data for a simple report

I have eliminated incorrect report syntax, invalid model relationships, etc. as possible causes of this error. Something is occurring on the back end that I don't understand

Since my target report runs during off peak hours, yet fails during higher activity periods I think there's an adjustment that needs to be made in the RN config. but I'm usure where to start.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

As it turns out, the datasource connection was not allocating enough time for the query to return results.

If anyone is ever setting up a datasource connection to a DB2 database be sure to NOT place a zero (0) in either of the timeout specification boxes (connection timeout and query response time). If so, you'll receive a 'sqlScrollBulkFetch' status='-55'.

In my situation, when network activity was low, the report would execute fine, but during peak hours would return the error. Unsure why it would execute at certain times but not during others -- not having the datasource query response time high enough was the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back