Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QCC Call Park return Scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonetrubl

Vendor
Sep 15, 2003
US
I don't think this is possible - but is there a way to make parked calls in a 4 QCC system return to the operator who parked the call rather than just the operator entered in the QCC>CallTypes>Returning parameter?
There is one main operator who handles calls for 3 separate businesses on the same premises but routes to "sub" QCC's dedicated to each separate business where the calls may sometimes be parked, they would prefer the call come back to the same operator. Some calls directly routed to these operators by PRI as well I believe.
I'm guessing QCC's set up by original installers because of PRI and calling group overflow so DLC's probably not ideal at other locations.

First off, I HATE QCC's -

So, what about this scenario:

AN OPERATOR TAKES a CALL and does something other than PARK.

(I asumme that when they PARK IT, they ANNOUNCE IT over the paging, is that correct)

After a period of time, if the call is not picked up, it comes back to the OPERATOR that did that something?

Would that work?

If it would, re-post and I'll let you in on a little secret.

IT--COULD---WORK!
Please tell me you are not talking about hold though.
Let me guess, Camp on a phantom with no VM coverage assigned? Don't keep me in suspense.
Yes they do announce most of the calls in the park>announce>retrieve scenario. And yes they would prefer it to return to the same operator who did the parking rather than the queue programmed for the main operator.

OK, several things have to be in place to make this scenario work.

IF you can't get rid of the QCC's then:

Yes, the Operators would have to use CAMP ON. But I have a way to make it better than to a phantom. (Although that would work too.)

The phones with Voice Mail would have to turn off OUTSIDE VM Coverage. (That's the Trick)

Now, when an Operator gets a call, she can camp it on, announce it (Joe you have a call) and then JOE can either get back to his phone, or pick it up where ever he is.

Once it expires the Camp on timer, and returns to the Operator, she can Direct Voice Mail it to his Mbox.

Would this work - I was thinking to maybe renumber the phantoms to the same as what the (renumbered) park extensions were so they appear on the dss - then people would just be "picking up" what they think is a park zone but is actually an extension, and the operator could still see the call as well.

Yes, that should work just fine as well.

I was hoping you could just do away with the QCC's.

Usually, they are not needed.

Can you actually transfer a call to a phantom that doesn't have voice mail coverage (which would really just send it to the phantom's mailbox)?

Wouldn't you have to burn an analog port instead of a phantom adjunct?

Again, TTT catches me in the act!

To do it this way, you gotta' send it to a RINGING Extension. (As In T&R)

Hopefully, you will have a MERLIN Messaging or Merlin Mail with more extensions than ports.

That's what I use in cases like this.

Again, My Tired & True method was the one I published before.

I realized that too after I posted. I recalled learning it THE HARD WAY a few years ago. Fortunately they seem to have enough spare T/R ports.

But everyone agrees that Merlin will not allow camp on return to the original camping operator in the existing scenario correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back