Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Q-Sig connectivity betn Nortel 61C & IPC Dealer Board 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimpoo

Technical User
May 9, 2003
HK
Hi !

Need help.

We have an Nortel 61C connected to an IPC Dealer Board system over Analog extensions.
We want to move this to Digital E1 Qsig connectivity.

Can i configure Line Side E1 connectivity on the Nortel

EPABX ? I want to keep the same extension numbers as today.

Appreciate any help.

Cheers

Yes you can, I have configure a number of Meridians to IPC
links using QSIG

Here is a rough guide:

1. Add PRI to Common Equipment

LD 17
REQ CHG
TYPE CEQU
PRI ( Card Number )
All other prompts default to the end

2. Build New D Channel

LD 17
REQ CHG
TYPE ADAN
ADAN NEW DCH x
CTYP MSDL
CARD ( Card Number )
PORT 1
DES QSIG2IPC
USR PRI
DCHL ( Card Number )
:
:
IFC ISGF
:
:
SIDE NET (USR = Slave NET = Master)
:
RCAP COLP DV3I CTI QMWI
(QMWI required for message waiting lamp)
:
OVLR YES ( Required for IPC operation )
OVLS YES ( Required for IPC operation )

3. Check Loop Timers

LD 73
REQ CHG
TYPE PRI2
FEAT LPTI
LOOP ( Card Number )
MFF CRC ( Required for IPC operation )

4. Build Route Data Block

LD 16
REQ NEW
TYPE RDB
CUST 0
DMOD
ROUT (new route number)
DES QSIG2IPC
TKTP TIE
:
DTRK YES
BRIP NO
DGTP PRI2
ISDN YES
MODE PRA
IFC ISGF
:
:
ICOG IAO
:
SRCH LIN
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD ( Route Number + 1500 )
TARG ( Leave blank unless specifically needed )

5. Build Trunk Members

LD 14
REQ NEW 30 ( Check With IPC )
TYPE TIE
CDEN SD
TRK PRI2
PCDA 1 (PAD category table number)
PCML A (A law - must not be defaulted!)
NCOS 0
RTMB x x (Route No, Trunk member ie. 100 1)
B-CHANNNEL SIGNALING
NITE
CLS UNR DTN WTA LPR APN P10 VNL
TKID

Note: Connecting direct to IPC Server requires a PRI
cable crossover or a COAX and Balun!

Thanks !

Is it possible to have line side extension integration betn the 2 systems rather than trunk ?

Today I have Analog extensions from the DID range on the Nortel EPABX e.g. 12345 terminating on IPC Analog trunk interface card as an incoming trunk. So, when someone from the outside dials 200 12345 they reach IPC. This is the way it is today.

Is there any way I can retain the same extension numbers as today and just move to Qsig ?

Pls help.

Cheers

Yes all you need to do is delete the analogue extension and build a Distant Steering Code DSC instead pointing to the RLI of the route.

LD 86

REQ NEW
TYPE RLB
RLI 66
ENTR 0
ROUT 666 ( QSIG Link TO IPC )

LD 87

REQ NEW
FEAT CDP
TYPE DSC
DSC 12345
RLI 66

Will try this and let you know.
Thanks for the HELP !

What it sounds like you need is a line side T1 card that would slot in the IPE shelf. Will not do qsig but the ports are actually 24 analog stations in the switch just converted to a T1

HI !

The setup is complete now and everything's working fine, except; when i press the key on IPC, configured to pickup the DSC extension, it gives me a fast busy tone.
Looks like the dial tone is not being fed.
When i set the inter digit timer on the IPC i get a dial tone, but there is a delay in dialing, equivalent to the inter digit timer.

The IPC folks are suggesting a change in the enbloc/override config in Nortel.

Any clues ??

Thanks.

Hi Dimpoo,

would like to know what software release of your nortel meridian 61C?

i was assigned to integrate IPC and Nortel pbx, i'm not into technical side on the pabx but will get vendor to do this.

i just need to know what equipments are required to integrate the 2 system

Hi
The problem has been sorted out.
The IPC folks gave me this justification and it may help you'll to understand how the call forward works betn these 2 systems.
IPC cannot switch calls. When the primary extension is busy, IPC passes the destination ext number to Nortel thru the q-sig. Nortel then places the call on the new ext number.
The problem we had here was, when the primary ext was busy, IPC tried to convey to the EPABX that it needs to put the call on the alternate number, after this it waited for an acknowledgement from the EPABX that it is ready to gather the alternate number. The EPABX was not acknowledging this request. IPC used to wait for the timer to lapse (about 10 secs by default) and then pass the extension number to the EPABX. EPABX would then place the call there. This was resulting in delay.
As a change, IPC modified the parameter to not wait for any acknowledgement and send the alternate digits rightaway.

Problem solved.

Thanks for your interest and suggestions.

hi dimpoo,

good to hear that you have solved your issue.

mine is just about to start. :)

basically, we are going to go down to that path to use qsig between nortel 61c and IPC.

what is package required on the pbx side? will this work on pbx software release 2.40b?

Hi

My EPABX is on succession 3. The QSIG comes in package , with package details given below for you information. The package details for the system can be obtained by giving printing package in Ld22

Description Package

Q Reference Signaling Point Interface
263 QSIG
? Integrated Services Digital Network QSIG Basic Call

QSIG Generic Functional protocol 305 QSIG GF
? ISDN QSIG Generic Functional Transport

QSIG Supplementary Service 316 QSIG-SS
? ISDN QSIG Call Completion
? ISDN QSIG Call Diversion Notification
? ISDN QSIG Path Replacement

Artbautista,

I assume you mean your release is 25.40b not 2.40b,
in which case as long as you have the QSIG packages, 263 being the critical one you should be OK. I have setup QSIG to IPC Dealerboards on earlier releases than 25.40 with no problems. My earlier post with QSIG to IPC configuration will work for 25.40 as well, Good Luck.

yes it's 25.40b.

my vendor just told me that 25.40b is now MD (manufacture discontinued), forcing us to upgrade to the latest release.

question is, would i still be able to get qsig package out there without upgrading?

when you say qsig package i assume this is combination of hardware and software license?

appreciate your responses.

Unfortunately if you don't already have the QSIG Software Package enabled on your system, you will have to upgrade the system as Nortel are no longer providing new keycodes for release 25.40 as it is retired. I take it you have checked in LD 22 - PRT - PKG to see if you have Package 263.
As for Hardware, you will need a ISDN PRI card ( I'm assuming UK/Europe )that supports QSIG ie for example NTBK50 with a NTBK51 Daughterboard for an Option 11 or a Dual PRI NTDK43 again with a NTBK51 Daughterboard for Option 61 or 81.

thanks for the info.

didn't find package 263.

do you have any idea how much this parts by chance, only 1 way for me is to upgrade :-(

just wanted to get an idea if i was quoted with the correct price :)

NT4N65AC
NT6D41CAE5
NTHN67JA
NTHN67LA

NT4N65AC cPCI® Core to Network Interface
NT6D41CAE5 CE Power Supply DC
NTHN67JA Clock Controller
NTHN67LA Card Cage Upgrade

This is the Hardware associated with the Upgrade, the cost of which will be rolled into the Overall Upgrade Cost, I believe Nortel doesn't charge for Hardware it Charges for the Software which includes the Hardware.

Also this hardware is only for upgrading PABX, it doesn't include required ISDN PRI Hardware, ie it will make youre Meridian/CS1000M QSIG ready, but you still need QSIG Hardware.

I don't have any idea on pricing, I steer well clear of that side of things.

thanks for your reply.

that means separate ISDN PRI should be included then on the quote.

would you be able to tell me the part number for the ISDN PRI card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back