Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Q.SIG configuration with TMDI Card for Cisco Tie PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

netgun777

Vendor
May 11, 2004
AU
I have previously requested some help from you guys on Option 11 C Succ. 3.1 to Cisco VOIP configuration. Thread listed below basically leads to it since it get stored for others too, which is cool. I have Cisco T controller already built and working fine so far. Can you guys post some steps/examples or frame work to actually build Q.SIG based PRi TMDI card on slot nine of main cabinet of Option 11C ? What else should be configured on the switch in order to allow forwarding calls from PBX into Cisco channelized T tie line?

I wonder what type of routing is recommended by you to route the calls delivered to Option 11 DID and then forward those calls directly over the PRI based on cabled connection (facilityless) to Cisco side. I love this job based on challanges on stuff like this. Cisco has 4000 pages manuals but nothing even mentioned on solutions like this. Isn't it fun ? I certainly appreciate your help here. Thanks so much

CKD

thread798-1129154

not in the right slot but several people here have used this in 81c's and the opt 11.. not much unique in the code in these loads.. and i se dcs's to send numbers to my ccm.. i get names and msg lamps to both desk, soft and wireless on the cisco sets

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hey John,

I ahev read this intro like a bibble. I will abuse the switch tomorrow and see if I'll come up with some results to it. I have two cards I can choose from. DTI/PRI and TMDI Card without the daughter board. Which one is the proper one to establish q.sig on PRI? I am using to total of 5 PRI now on this switch. I have been thinking of sharing- but not sure is this a good idea.

Thanks again for your link and thread posted out there. This is just amazing what's possible with PRI implementation.

CKD

i would always go with the pri over tmdi, but that is because i have more experience with that card... and yes the limits as to what this box will do are pretty much on the tech.. we just added symposium, and miran's plus ivr ports in the call pilot.. i've used and installed them all before but now i have new toys that together can do some very creative routing... my latest script allows the acd supervisors to reroute calls from her screen to load balance as needed..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi John

In really appreciate your reply to this thread and help on this config details. I would like to still ask you if the daughter card on the TMDI card is required here in this install and config work or just not neeeded to establish PRI?

Thx so much for your all of your help from everyone.

CKD

i seldom play with tmdi's.. we have an opt 11 over at a remote site, that tmdi has both a clock card and a dch card attached.. for a pri you do need to have a dch, either a daughter board or on another card.. on the duals i use here, most of them do not have the dch daughter board, they dch as a member of a group... loop 1 has the primary d channel, built on a msdl.. ld 100 has the backup built on a daughter board, the other 8 pri's in that trunk group have no connection to a dch, other then the software

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi Everyone,

I appreciate your help in this config work. I have build most of this but in some extend it does not work - rest is untested either. First, I cannot bring the D channel up and I doubt the TMDI card is build correctly etc.

When I attempt to bring the DCH 9 in this case on slot # 9 I get this error. Not that I've seen lots of errors on Option type switches, but this one is certainly strenge error. Can you guys relate to this somehow ?

Here it is:

>LD 96
DCH000
.ENB
DCH009

.ENL DCH 9
DOWNLOADING PRIE
REASON: VERSION MISMATCH

OVL021 IDLE

SDL100 BUSY

OVL021 IDLE

SDL100 BUSY

OVL021 BKGD

SDL100 BUSY
TIM000 17:55 5/4/2006 CPU 0

SDL000 PUP3 (TMDI 9), VERSION 10, MAINT MODE.

DOWNLOADING ISGFT1DATA
REASON: NONE ON CARD

OVL021 BKGD

SDL100 BUSY

OVL021 IDLE

SDL100 BUSY
SDL000 TIGF ( TMDI 9), VERSION 24, MAINT MODE.

DCH: 9 RLS RED ALRM TIME: 17:55:44 5/04/2006

No much beyond this as you imagine ... I called this dead corner (-:)

Thanks so much in advance for your suggestions here,

CKD

looks good - card is just loading correct firmware to match DCH type.

Problem is T1 is in Red alarm - once you get that up Dchannel will probably come up

Hey Guys

This T is facilityless between teh Cisco 2800 series T1 controller and TMDI. What does the version mismatch standing for and DOWNLOADING ISGFT1DATA
REASON: NONE ON CARD mean? Do you have any any recommendation for this condition?

Thanks so much for your help

CKD

Hi John,

I have a great new and bad one. The good one is that the link is up fully functional. I can route calls from Cisco side into Option 11 C. I have build route similar to yours (even numbered it the same) but I don't get the idea how do we actually forward inbound DID calls terminating originally on PBX Option 11C side to Cisco side DNs. Is this done based on each user migrating to Cisco side meaning changes to actual TN config? I appreciate your reply to this request very much.

Second question is ACOD setting on the route usefull for this purpose?

CKD

Hey guys,

All of the work appears to be done correctly and two systems work together awesome.
I have used CDP features with DSC and LSC added to each individual user migrated from Option 11 to Cisco side VOIP system after outing the users on the Option side.
This way we have bidirectional four digit dialing between the systems etc.

One major issue I am facing now is Cisco loosing dial tone on random bases from time to time. Further troubleshooting and reviewing debug data on Cisco points to modem calls received from DN on the Option which does not exist unless it is in form of broadcast traffic generated and sent over the tie line to Cisco user since DSC point it there.

Can I # 1 restrict the trunk from conveying this broadcast traffic into Cisco and if yes how? Also is this logical to assume that if CallPilot DN is 6002 and calls captured from debugs on Cisco point to non existent but identified as 7002 extension tag coming from
Option 11 ?

I appreciate your help here

CDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back