Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pwr down/Pwr up procedure for CS1000s

Status
Not open for further replies.

RVstew

Technical User
Oct 11, 2005
CA
I was wondering if there is a documented procedure on Powering down the CS1000s and powering it up. I have heard that on pwr up that you should start with the Callserver and wait for it to fully come up before powering up the other MG's.

Is there an official nortel documented procedure??

Thanks in advance

I don't know where I got this, it's old, but the order of IPE, Common, network is good. Courtesy anything that lets you of course. Then address SS/NRS, ACD system, mail system, dialer audio paths, so on and so fourth.

Nortel PBX Power Down

1. Shut down any application software such as Meridian Mail, Max, CCR, or Link with the normal software procedure.

2. Power down IPE first, then Network Shelves, and the Core last. Bring up in reverse order.

*** Do NOT power off any power supplies or cards with their respective face plate power buttons. use the module breaker switches only.

DC switches are much less tolerant then AC switches, if a shelf does not come back up, leave it on and unseat the cards, usually reseating one card will relight the module power supply.

So if you have Callpilot on one of the lower MG's you should shut this down first before powering off the MG?

Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back