Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PWA and SSL Problems. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smugg

IS-IT--Management
Mar 5, 2001
US
I have Project Server 2003 on our local Intranet. We recently exposed it to the Internet through our firewall and add SSL certificates which we purchased from DigiCert. The certificate is bound to our domain name so, when we access project server from the LAN using " we have to accept the certificate before we can get on to Project Server with either IE or Project Pro.

Everything seems to work fine with the exception of updates. If I go out and accept task updates from my users and then click the "Update" button in PWA, I get a VBScript error inicating that my connection is failing. I'm guessing because it can't directly logon and use the spooler because I'm not using the domain name tied to our SSL certificate.

The issue, I think, is that my Enterprise Resource Account connection is for " and it wants me to accept the certificate before it moves on. The account I need to create is " but Project Pro won't let me do that.

Can anyone help me?

...I'll answer my own question.

The issue I was having was not related to SSL certificates as I suspected. The problem was with the connection state in Project Pro. As an Administrator I had multiple MS Office Project Server Accounts defined and I has set it to "manually detect connection state" which is bad.

Instead, you need to set the account that you use to access Project Server Web Access as the default account for Project Pro to use and set the connection state to "Automatically detect connnection state" or Project Server will fail when it attempts to open Project Pro and the spooler.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back