Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PVXWIN32 illegal operation on startup of program

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisfabct

Technical User
Oct 23, 2002
US
My name is Chris and I am a MAS 90 Newbie.

I recently performed an installation of MAS 90 (Level 3.61 -REV 1101) off of our network (NT/Novell) onto one of our clients workstations (Dell, Win98SE, P4, 256MB RAM). I was able to succesfully install the application, but upon execution of the MAS 90 desktop shortcut the system hangs for a couple minutes, then appears with the following two errors.
------------------------------------------------------------
>First error:
Pvxwin32

This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.

(Details)
PVXWIN32 caused an invaild page fault in module KRNL386.EXE
at 0002:00007bf8

>Second error:

The file or folder "PVXWIN32.EXE" that this shortcut refers to cannot be found.

When the user logs in, a drive mapping is automatically connected to our MAS 90 dir on the network, so that's not an issue. Nobody else on our network is having the same problem.

Would love to find a resolution to this problem.

Thank You.

Chris

I have something similar, though not exactly the same, happen to me occasionally. There are times when my computer locks up, so I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to shut down MAS 90. When I come back up and take the shortcut to MAS 90, I get an error message about PVXWIN32.EXE. I have found that if I Ctrl-Alt-Del again and go to processes, that the PVWIN32.EXE is still running. If I end that process, I can then use the shortcut to log into MAS 90.

MarkJW,

Thanks for replying to my thread. The same thing has been happening to me too! I must also reboot the PC, login, and then occasionally I am able to get into MAS 90. When I intially installed MAS 90, I had MDAC 2.5 installed on the Win98SE system. I was able to login once into MAS90, then I had to reboot my system, logged into Win98, opened MAS 90, then I started having all the problems. I thought it might be the MDAC component that was installed with the OS. So I installed MDAC 2.7 in an attempt to resolve the problem. Appartently MDAC is not the problem.

Anyway, MarkJW I will try your solution for the mean time, till I get a solid resolution to this issue.

Thanks!

Chris

I work for a MAS90 developer/reseller. I strongly recommend you check out the attached link. My experience has been that Providex (the language MAS90 is written in) doesn't play well with Novell unless you have both the server and client equiped with just the precise drivers. The scenario you are describing sounds like the problem workstation doesn't have the correct version of Novell drivers. The attached link points you to a .pdf file from Best that documents exactly what drivers need to be loaded on the workstation. I hope this helps!

-Chris

Chris,

I have read the "MAS 90 Support Platform Matrix" document
you gave me the link to. Most, if not all of the workstations that have MAS90 installed, are logging into our Netware 5.0 (SP6a) server using client ver 3.2. I will load 3.32 (w/ Data Corruption patch) and see if that solves are problems.

Thanks for your help!

Chris

Any resolution to this problem? I have a client with the same problem on her system. Most of the PCs on their Novell 4.1 network work just fine. All have novell client 3.1 sp 2.

Her PC just started spitting out these pvxwin32 errors. Only thing changed was a new HP LJ1200 printer on her station. But due to the user not reporting when errors started I can't tell if it was the cause.

Tried upgrading her client software to the latest from novell's dl page. Still a problem. Tried the latest printer drivers from HP's site too. No go.

Any more input on this issue? Thx.

I am on a win2k network and have the same exact issue (yes, it is only a problem with one workstation)

Hi,

Having the same sort of problem on NT Server and one NT w/s.

When I click the MAS90 icon I get 'Unlock Region Failure' error followed by Dr Watson. 8 other w/s are working fine. Could this be due to improper shutdown? Any ideas on how to fix it. I know in the past we have seen a mssg that says to delete a certain session file.

Thanks for any help,

Charles

Unlock region failure's and Pvxwin32 GPF's are almost always caused by hardware/network/driver problems. Again, please check the document linked-to and make sure you have everything up-to-date. These are frustrating things to diagnose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back