Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pvxwin32.exe error upon printing thru a mas200

Status
Not open for further replies.

espress4me65

Technical User
Jun 30, 2003
US
Hi,
Can anyone give me an idea of what could be causing my problem. We are using a Citrix system to connect our offices with mas 200 as a invoice sales system. After filling out the invoice or sales form and clicking to print from our remote computers we get an error pvxwin32.exe has caused errors. we have to completely shut douwn and restart our remote computer to print. We use we use win 98 and xp as well as some 2000 operating systems on our remote computer and the server is a win2000 server.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have a user that is experiencing the same problems, although they don't have to be in a citrix session in order for the problem to occur. We can recreate the error while directly connected to MAS90.

Did you find any resolution to the issue?

Thanks,

-Mike Donato

Michael A. Dontato MCNE, MCSE, CCA
mdonato@site-technologies.com

I have a very similar situation. Two direct connected MAS200 clients on Win 98 and ME. Both were the only MAS 200 users printing to a networked (Win2K server shared printer) HP Laserjet 2100. I am pretty sure that there is a printer driver issue in play here. I have re-directed them to other network printers and they are able to print without errors. I have also attached a local (non-HP2100) printer to one of the 2 machines and shared it for the other to use as well. That worked too.

Coincidentally, we have also been fighting through other HP2100 driver issues at the same time, where updating the driver leaves an incompatible older version of hpbafd32.dll hanging around and wreaking havoc. I am not sure if the issues are related, although it seems likely. Until recently these 2 machines were printing successfully to the same HP2100 from MAS200. I updated the drivers, using the PCL5e drivers on both the server and ckients (our MAS200 technical contact suggested that we stay away from the PCL6 drivers). Printing worked flawlessly for 1 day then then the problem returned.

I will post more if I find a solution. Good luck.

Dave LeSiege MCSE
Millitech, Inc.
dlesiege@millitech.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back