Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PVXWIN32.exe Application error

Status
Not open for further replies.

scbh

IS-IT--Management
Jun 23, 2004
US
Went to version 3.71 of MAS200 on a Win2k server. Have rerun Workstation setup on all client computers and reconfigured them to point to the new server as well as the new port that we have setup (port 9000). The service on the server is started and launches automatically.

All clients are on either 2000 professional or XP pro. It seems almost randomly that an error will pop up on the server that says:

"PVXWIN32.exe Application error. The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142)."

Once this error shows up on the server, no workstation can operate in MAS until we have cleared the error from the server and rebooted it. This happens probably twice an hour on average.

Our contacts for support all the way up to Best have been unhelpful and have resorted to blaming our network (which was working swimmingly before the server switch). I've run ping tests as well as installing Ethereal to test the network and have found no hint of corruption or packet loss.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions? Saw this same problem posted in August 2003 but no one responded with solutions!

Thanks in advance.

I see some chatter on a potential issue with XP SP2 RC1 causing firewall problems. Could this fit your situation?

Regards,

Wayne Schulz
Schulz Consulting, LLC

We had this problem a few years ago when we first implemented mas200. I remember when we switched back to running host.exe as standaone program instead of as service, this problem went away. Refer to the installation guide as to how to run the host as standalone program. Also you may want to increase the desktop application heap in your w2k box if you have a lot of concurrent users (Microsoft knowledgebase Q126962). We need to increase the heap size of ours to 13000 from 1024 (default) to have a stable system of over 50 users.

Do you have people terminal into the server to launch the MAS90 application?

No terminal services from any workstations.

As of last week, I had no errors! Have not make any changes to any settings - server or workstations. Suddenly, it is working!!! NO explanation

MAS200/90 works best if you leave it on the original port of 10000.

I have used a different port many times. I don't believe that the port is the issue.

Thnks in advance to all users out there who continually answer all of our questions. Although I try to answer some questions, I usually am asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back