Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pvmc messages clipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnrobert

Vendor
Jan 30, 2003
US
have a partner acs 4.0 with a pvmc (the credit card size vm )customer say hes getting intermittent messages that are clipping (breaking up)also his wife voice is on the vm (she has since died)hes does not want to lose her voice annoucments (in case i need to replace vm)is it possiable to transfer old announcements to new card??

Have you tried to take the PCVM card and put it in another system that does not have this problem or even a new one. Also make sure the customer does not delete any of these messages and that way when you listen to them in the other system you will save everything.

Hi johnrobert,
There is no way to transfer the announcements unless someone records them. There may be a quality loss even u=if they sound okay. Sorry.
IPinIowa has a good suggestion.

-Chris

swaped the vm card and customer still getting intermittet messages that are (clipping)I still have his old vm card so I suppose ill put his old on back in.Imm thinking the vm ports in the processor???any other thoughts thanks

Hmmm, your customer may be in luck after all, well kind of. Try the old VM card in a new processor. Could be it's not the card with his wife' menu on it but the processor.

-Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back