Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PVM Message LIghts

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiacomo

IS-IT--Management
Jul 9, 2004
US
The definitive answer may have been given for this question in thread688-827507, but... I'll ask again..

Small office with PVM Small (4 box). 2 voice lines, 6 stations. Lines are answered by automated attendant and transferred using selector codes.

It seems that the message waiting lights aren't lit in timely fashion -- in some cases it appears to happen over night. If this is due to the system being busy, is this something Avaya has addressed? Other than buying a bigger voicemail (Partner Messaging I guess?), is there anything I can do?

Thanks for your answers!

Aside from upgrading to an Avaya Partner Messaging, you could try defaulting the voicemail card to see if that helps.

try defaulting the system if possible back-up before and see if that resolves your issue

Marco C
Communications Engineer
EC Enterprise Consultants | NJ

In this instance, only the Partner ACS can be backed-up and defaulted as the voicemail is the PC card based variety.

Put auto dial/blf buttons for extension 78 and 79 on a phone and monitor them. Message waiting lights are turned off and on by ext 79.
Extension 79 will sometimes not disconnect causing message waiting lights not to work correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back