Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

puTTY session opt 11c Rel 4.5 direct to pdt? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlhtech

Technical User
Oct 31, 2003
CA
When I try to login to my opt 11c rel 4.5 the session looks
for the PDT password.
PDT: login on /pty/ptty00.S
Password:
How can I correct this? I want to login to admin1
I'm using Rlogin on Port 513

on 4.5 I'm pretty sure that you should use ssh not rlogin. I know it works on rls 5. You don't have to do anything special in putty just tell it to use ssh.

If you set the Autologin user name details you should not need a PDT password.

SSH to the call server is not available in 4.5; RLogin is used to access the CS via TCP/IP.

do you know your pdt login/password. If you do then just log in and then type sl1Input and it will take to you to the > prompt and you can log into the system.

puTTY Rel 0.58 worked (with the auto login username CPSID1110) as described, returning a few jumbled characters, then after pressing Enter I had the normal prompt. I tried this on another computer running puTTY rel 0.60 and it worked without getting those first jumbled characters. So rel 0.60 it is for me! Thanks to all who posted. It was a great help as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back