Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Putting yearly info side by side in report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2004
US
I am using 8.5 with an access database.
This is a report for a count using a date field. We are just counting how may date records are there. Pretty simple.

The following is the report I have:

MONTH YTD

January 15 15
February 12 27
March 11 38
April 10 48
May 16 64
June 5 69
July 11 80
August 14 94
September 10 104
October 16 120
November 14 134
December 12 146
Total for 2003 146

MONTH YTD

January 10 10
February 21 31
March 11 42
April 6 48
May 9 57
June 5 62
July 9 71
Total for 2004 71

I would like to put the information side by side on the report for comparison reasons.
I have tried using a cross tab, but am having problems because I can't use a running total in a cross tab. Am I missing something in how to do this?

Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank You!

Cross-tabs will automatically do totals, so you don't need a Running Total.

If you need the Running Total for some specific reason, please share why.

If you want to perform a manual cross-tab, group by the month and create Running Totals with an Evaluate->Use a Formula which state the year required for each total, such as:

// 2003
{table.year} = year(currentdate-30)-1

For 2004 you'd use:

// 2004
{table.year} = year(currentdate-30)

The -30 assumes that you're running the report 30 days after a given month, adjust accordingly.

-k

Crosstabs will do a total summary for the row or the column, but I need a ytd monthly running total. I cannot figure out how to do thatin a cross tab.

?? Please help if you know of a way.

You don't need a cross-tab. Pleas reread my post, this is easy to do without a cross-tab.

To create the ytd monthly running total, just another running total and place it in the month group section without a reset.

To have the month only totals, do a month reset.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back