Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Putting MAS 90 into View only Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2011
US
I am currently migrating from MAS 90 into a different ERP system. We want to leave MAS 90 operating but we want to remove all ability to modify, create or delete from all the users. We would like to give any user the ability to look at any of the historical data that exists. I am currently running version 4 of MAS 90. I have been looking in the role maintenance but with no luck as it seems its an all access or no access.

Thanks a bunch.

Patrick

Sorry version 4.05, I have been mainly working with the database and not the actual application.

Thanks

You can indeed set up MAS 90 to only use the inquiry screens. Just create a new role, and enable only things you see under the "inquiry" section in role maintenance. You can also enable reports as users cannot change data by running a report.

Dawn

Visit Sage's Online Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back