Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Putting calls on hold with IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

skippy440

Technical User
Aug 30, 2004
CA
Ok. New the world of IP Office. Just cutover a IP office 500 7.0.
The system has 3 1416 sets and the rest of the 20+ sets are the T series Nortel sets.

The problem is that when a call comes in, it simply states "external". The customer would like to know if that can be changed to state the actual line number (Line 1 for example) rather than "external". Is this possible.
Also, the call rings in on one of the appearance buttons rather than the Line appearance button. When they put the call on hold, they can't tell what line number to press on a different set to pick the call back up. I know that you can park the call and use the park number to pick it back up, but they would like to be able to put the call on hold, know which line it was and have a visual of the line on hold. The Nortel sets aren't doing this and I'm not sure if this is even possible.

Any suggestions?

LIGHT TRAVELS FASTER THAN SOUND, WHICH IS WHY SOME PEOPLE APPEAR BRIGHT UNTIL YOU HEAR THEM SPEAK.

Yes it is possible but i don't think i can put enough text in here to explain how. Call a Avaya skilled engingeer.

If it ain't dutch it ain't much

OOPS, it is thread940-1655720.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

Skippy,

do yourself & your customer a favour an wean them away from any form of appearance keys they are 19th century tech. in a 21st century world.
the BCM was basically a key system tweaked to simulate PBX functionality, the IPO is PBX with a few hacks to key to simulate Keys system operation.
Neither can truly replicate the other

The inbound call should show the name of the intended dest. try setting the tag in the incoming call route (please tel me you have set incoming call routes? if not this is whre you should start)

if the call needs to be retrieved at a different location then use park
there are a number of threads here that show how to make that simple to use.

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

I agree, but it is difficult to do when they are so used to it.

NCSS, ATSP/IP

I agree, but it is difficult to do when they are so used to it.

That is a part of the job telling and explaining that things change.
People who do not want to change should be put in a nursing home.
If nothing changed we would still be pulling the females in to the cave :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I understand. I am trying to convince our branch that the IP Office is not designed to be square.
tlpeter, you don't put females in the cave there?[smile]

NCSS, ATSP/IP

My wife keeps running out of the cave :)
Although she likes getting grabbed in her hair, i guess that is still in her genes.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I understand that park is the way to go, but some customers are stubborn. I showed them how to, but they say that because they are using the same existing T series sets, it "needs" to be the same as it was with the old BCM.

Some customers are a just a pain.

LIGHT TRAVELS FASTER THAN SOUND, WHICH IS WHY SOME PEOPLE APPEAR BRIGHT UNTIL YOU HEAR THEM SPEAK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back